Inwolag’s goals are to :
- Promote and propagate the principles of non-discrimination, equality, social justice and the rule of law enshrined in international human rights instruments, including the Beijing Platform for Action, the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW), United National Declaration on the rights of Indigenous Peoples and ILO Covention NO. 169 ;
- Strengthen national law enforcement mechanisms and institutions for the protection and promotion of indigenous women’s and children’s human rights ;
- Social, political, cultural and legal empowerments of indigenous women ;
- Equal participation and meaningful proportional representation of indigenous women in all spheres of society ;
- Protect and promote customary laws
- Secure indigenous peoples rights and gender equity and equality in Nepal’s constitution, laws, rules, and regulations, policies, plans and programs.